Wednesday, September 30, 2009

YesterEars

YesterEars was a shop on Pleasure Island. According to the Directory below "A nostalgic mix of Disney products includes character merchandise reproductions of the 30's and 40's". I remember the first time I went into this store right after it opened in 1989 and was so excited by the merchandise because it was so different from the stuff that one normally found. I never purchased as much as I would have liked, but I did buy the five black & white characters pictured below.


July 1990 Pleasure Island and Disney Village Marketplace Directory.

YesterEars during the day.
YesterEars at night.


Daisy, Donald, Mickey, Minnie, & Scrooge from YesterEars.

2 comments:

  1. do you know of any pics of Pleasure Island back in 1987 1988 1989 time line ANY pics? let me know and or point me in the right way Please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure Island didn't open until 1989 so the only pictures that might exist prior to that would be construction photos but I've not happened across any. A couple of the pictures I've posted are from 1989/1990 and there will be more in the future.

    ReplyDelete