Wednesday, September 16, 2009

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea was a fun attraction at the back of Fantasyland. I spent many hours of my childhood waiting in line here. I think this ride had one of the slowest moving lines in the entire park, but it was always worth it. The lagoon created vistas and gave a sense of space to Fantasyland that is lacking since its removal. For some really detailed information on this attraction visit this great site http://www.20kride.com/.


Entrance & queue.







From the Skyway.

From The Skyway.



View of the lagoon drained for maintenance from the Skyway.
View of the lagoon drained for maintenance from the Skyway.

2 comments:

  1. It's brilliant that you included photos from the skyway and when the lagoon was drained.

    Something about going underwater for this ride, and the way we used to enter The Living Seas, gave me a sense of timelessness, like emerging from the wardrobe after a trip to Narnia. I would feel as though I just visited an entirely separate park. Made the day more full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely a very immersive experience.

    ReplyDelete