Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Original Frontierland Railroad Station

I always enjoy riding the train. When I used to spend lots of time in the parks I would sometimes ride the train around the park several times before getting off. These days I don't ride it as much as I would like. This is the original Frontierland Railroad Station (and a couple of trains). This station was demolished to make way for Splash Mountain which opened in 1992. A new Fronterland Station opened with Splash Mountain but it's not as open and prominent as this was.


Frontierland Railroad Station.


The station is all decked out in celebration of Mickey's 60th birthday and the opening of Mickey's Birthdayland.


The Birthdayland Express is pulling into the station. I'm not sure which engine this is.


The "Roger E. Broggie".


I believe that these two last shots are of the "Walter E. Disney" engine. The pictures are a little too blurry but the letters seem to match up best with Walter. The two engines not pictured are the "Lilly Belle" and the "Roy O. Disney".

2 comments: