Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Engine Company 71

Engine Co. 71 (71 because the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971) is located on the west side of Town Square. It is to the right of City Hall separated by a nice little courtyard area that houses restrooms. These days there is a shop inside the fire station but as I recall this was not always so. Previously I believe it was just filled with vintage fire memorabilia and was like walking into a fire station at the turn of the century (some of this still exists in the back of the shop). They may have parked the fire engine in there as well, when it was not ferrying passengers up and down Main Street, since I seem to recall seeing it in there at least once. I think every time I went in there during this phase of its existence I was completely alone. I guess filling that space with fire station themed merchandise made sense and at least drew people in.


Look, there's Eeyore emerging onto Town Square just to the right of the fire station.



The fire station with the Car Barn to the right.


Not a terribly sharp picture but what do you want for not having a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment