Friday, September 9, 2011

The Hall Of Presidents

Some unusual views of the exterior of the Hall of Presidents today and a couple of shots from the lobby.  Of course, these varied facades are just to hide the showbuilding for the HoP but there are lots of nice little details adding character to the area.



I found this doll in the window of number 24 to be just a little creepy!



Inside the lobby of the HoP.

Looking across the lobby towards the theater entrance.

A nice place to sit and relax for a few minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't notice when I was there, but these buildings look sort of Fisher Price or doll housey. Maybe that's because of the colors used on the shutters and doors.

    I don't understand the reference about the doll in the window and the number 24. Help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number 24 is just the house number. It seems like I did some research to see if the doll held any particular significance but I don't recall if I found out anything. I did notice a picture on another site from some time ago where the doll was in a different window which would mean that they move it occasionally. My guess would be that it's just to make the place look lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, okay. For some reason, I first read that as a reference to something I missed - book, movie, folklore...

    ReplyDelete