Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Humonga Kowabunga

This slide used to scare the crap out of me as I suffer from acrophobia.  This was back in the days before they enclosed the upper parts of the slides in tubes.  In the olden days of Typhoon Lagoon, the slides were completely open to the air and when you sat down at the top of the slide to await the go signal it was like sitting on the edge of a cliff.

The first three pictures below are from the last couple of years.  The fourth and final picture is from some time between 1989 and 1991 and shows the slides before the installation of the tubes.




1 comment:

  1. Now see, I think I would be more afraid of being enclosed in the tube, even though I have a fear of sudden drops. Heights in and of themselves, I don't mind, but no Tower of Terror for me. Or rickety and slippery ladders.

    ReplyDelete