Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Disneyrama L.P.

Today we're taking a diversion from our regular topics.  If I post pictures of merchandise it's always park related but today will be a little different.  While perusing some Disney records at an antique store the other day I came across one that immediately seemed different.  It was thicker and sturdier than any of the other record sleeves I'd come across before.  I pulled it out and opened it to find that it was like a pop up book as well as a record.  I pulled my trusty Disney record checklist out of my pocket (yes, I'm that much of a geek) to see what category this fit in and found it was a line that only contained five titles.  The five titles are The Sword In The Stone, Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes, 101 Dalmations, Dumbo and Pinocchio.  It was the latter that I held in my hands.  Apparently these are quite rare in good condition as children had a tendency to tear up the pop up pages.  This one is in pretty good shape and since it's so out of the ordinary I wanted to post it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment