Thursday, May 29, 2014

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho

I was happily surprised to find the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train operation on my visit to the Magic Kingdom last Friday for the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event.  The posted wait time was 120 minutes and the line stretched around the mountain almost to the Journey of the Little Mermaid.  Despite these ominous signs, I joined the line and was happily surprised with the pace at which it progressed.  The actual wait time was only 40 minutes.  I rode it twice more later in the day as well.  Overall I really enjoyed the ride and the show scenes.  I only have a couple of complaints.  First of all, the ride is very short.  Secondly, there aren't enough show scenes and the scarce vignettes during the coaster part of the ride are easily missed.  Finally, the last show scene, while fantastic, is hard to see during the late afternoon hours when the sun is glaring off of the Dwarfs' cottage windows.  The one thing I expected to dislike, the Dwarfs' projected faces, didn't bother me at all and was really a great step up from previous uses of similar technology.  If you don't wish to see photos of the ride, stop scrolling now.




























 
The show scene photos are blurry but I've posted them anyway.




































No comments:

Post a Comment