Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sorcerer's Of The Magic Kingdom Map

I would like to begin by saying that I am not a fan of Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.  While I may not be the target demographic for the group (kids, 50 year old virgins, etc) there are several logical reasons why I'm not a fan.  The first reason is the portals used for the game.  They tend to be in one of two types of locations.  They're either in locations that block the flow of traffic or they have taken up residence in one of the few quiet nooks of the park where one used to be able to escape and find a bit of peace and soak up atmosphere.  Secondly, the game simply isn't needed. There are plenty of things to do and see at the Magic Kingdom.  If you can't stand to be away from video games or the like for a few hours to enjoy the beauty of a magnificently designed park, then perhaps you shouldn't be in one (and if I was a parent I would be a little miffed that I just shelled out $100 dollars or you to play a video game).  As my grandparents used to tell me on road trips, "Enjoy the scenery."

All of that being said, the game has produced this lovely map with some great renderings of the environments in which to find the portals.  It also has collectible spell cards which you get by completing levels.  What's better than free collectibles?




1 comment: