Saturday, April 10, 2010

Horizons

One of my favorite attractions ever!  And boy, what a huge building.  This pavillion was all about the future, from what people in the past thought it would be to what we now dreamed the future could hold.  We got to see what it would be like to live undersea, in space, in futuristic cities and in deserts turned to fertile farmland.  Then we could choose our own mode of transportation back to the present.  This attraction is of course long gone having been replaced by Mission: Space.  Not that I dislike thrill attractions (on the contrary, I love them) but I've ridden Mission: Space maybe twice while I rode Horizons well over a hundred times. 
With the Monorail gliding by!


From the desert house scene.

A drawing I made about 20 years ago inspired by the second photo from the top.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one a lot, too. I think my favorite was the undersea environment, while my aerospace engineer brother naturally preferred outerspace. Yet, I remember the desert most fondly. Didn't it smell like the orange trees growing in the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they pumped some serious citrus scent into the desert scene. It was one of my favorite parts of the ride.

    ReplyDelete